Ahhhh, November is here, friends!! There is just something so special about starting a new month, don’t you think? It is like a fresh start, a do-over, a new beginning, a clean slate. Whether you need to say goodbye to the troubles of October and leave them in the past or October was so wonderful that you feel November can’t possibly top it, I want to assure you that God made us for seasons. I am so thankful for the start of a new month to remind me of God’s sovereignty and understanding of what I need.
For me, the start of November was much needed. October was full of so much good, but also full of many hard days. It was full of #momfail moments, too much anxiety, stress, and worry, and not enough time spent purposefully pursuing peace.
This month is going to be so full. This month we get to travel home to see our family whom we only see once or twice a year. My husband hasn’t been home in over a year and I haven’t been home since Avary was 8 weeks old. I’m so excited to share our baby girl with the family and let them see how much she’s grown. I am so grateful that we get to spend the Thanksgiving holiday surrounded by family and friends. We haven’t been home for Thanksgiving in 3 years! So, November not only promises a trip home and Thanksgiving festivities, but Matthew’s birthday is also this month! This will be the 8th birthday we have celebrated together. Wow, time flies. Also, November marks Growing the Nest’s 6 month anniversary! I started my little blog 6 months ago, and I am so thankful to have made it to this point. I love this space of the internet I have here, the outlet my blog is for myself, and the people I have met along the way. So November, I have high hopes for you!
In all seriousness, though, I think one of the keys to living a peaceful life is taking time for reflection and planning/living life with purpose. I love how writing in this blog is making me more intentional with my thoughts; because, I have honestly never written down a list of goals for a month. But in the midst of trying to organize my life and live with intention, I decided to write out my goals for the month of November. I was inspired by a fellow blogger, Rachel over at This Beautiful Season-where she encourages women to savor each season of life they find themselves in. She has written posts about her vision and goals for each month, and how she will achieve them. I love reading her thoughts, as they are so encouraging. Definitely go check her out! I think writing out my goals for the month will help me be more intentional in meeting them.
- Make my quiet time with God a priority. Spend more time reading and studying the Word, and praying with purpose.
- Give my anxiety, stress, and worry up to God! Whenever I feel myself becoming anxious or having stressful thoughts, I want to quote Bible verses that assure me of God’s peace, my victory over fear, and His protection and care for me.
- Instead of turning the TV on when I have a spare moment, I want to open up a book and get inspired! Finish the 3 books on my November reading list!
- To look at those around me through God’s eyes. To bless someone around me just because I can. To reach out to someone so they know I care. To be the hands and feet of Jesus, showing love and compassion.
- To find creative ways and little moments to show Matthew how much I love him.
- To soak up every moment with our family when we are home with them. <3
- Stay consistent with my exercising!
- To produce great content for my blog, especially coming into this holiday season.
- Drink a #saltedcarmelmocha from Starbucks with my mama! (Man, I miss her!)
- Learn how to coupon so I can save my family some money.
- Be the very best mama to Avary that I can be by being present and in the moment.
Those are my goals for this month of November. I am sure I could have thought of one hundred more, but you know! My thought for this month is: PURPOSELY PURSUING PEACE. I am praying over this month and asking God to show me how I can achieve these goals. I am asking him to help me relinquish “my control” and live this month purposefully. Pursuing peace. Seeking grace. Letting go of anxiety. Living free and full.
I would love to know what your goals are for this month! Let us know in the comments section! Also, can I help you in any way? If there is anything you’d like me to pray about or you need someone to talk to, don’t hesitate to hit that Contact button at the top of my blog or message me on Instagram or Facebook. Let’s build each other up and support one another this month!